Science FINALLY Catches Up with Spirituality with Dr. Lisa Miller
“Life is like the winds or the river, life is moving. It is full of waves. Life is very much alive, very dynamic.”
“We are knowers in many forms and we need empiricists AND scientists… the magician, the intuitive, the mystic. We need to ask the questions in our head, and get answers in our hearts… This is how the big decisions need to be made – decisions on the board room, decisions with foreign policy. If we use just a tiny little splintered part of our brain, we will not make the best decisions.”
“The outward stuff falls in place when we follow the truth.”
“Are we pushing the wave or are we surfing the wave? If I try to push the wave, I get drowned under, but if I surf the wave and my goal is to ride with the flow of nature, then I go places I didn’t know I was going to go… It opens up in the realm of miracles and unforeseen opportunities and magnificent surprises.”
“We’re living the same life. We are the family of life. We are one human family and we are one living being.”
- Lisa Miller
Have you ever had an overwhelming feeling of inner-knowing pops up inexplicitly? Can current science validate that your gut feeling is real?
In this episode, we talk with Dr. Lisa Miller, Columbia University professor of Clinical Psychology, and New York Times bestselling author of “The Spiritual Child”.
Talk about credentials! A graduate of Yale and the University of Pennsylvania, she’s the founder and director of the Spiritual Mind Body Institute, the first Ivy league graduate program and research institute in spirituality and psychology, and has held over a decade of joint appointments in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical School. Her innovative research has been published in more than 100 peer reviewed articles in leading journals including: Cerebral Cortex, American Journal of Psychiatry, and The Journal of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Miller is the editor of the Oxford University press Handbook of Psychology and Spirituality, founding co-editor-in-chief of the APA journal, Spirituality and Clinical Practice, and an elected fellow of the American Psychological Association and two time president of the APA Society for Psychology and Spirituality. WHOA!
Her latest book, “The Awakened Brain”, is amazing. Dr. Miller describes it as “the culmination of 25 years of research. And equally importantly, interwoven with those 25 years of research, 25 years of life.”
Listen in to understand Dr. Lisa Miller validate the science of spirituality, intuition, synchronicity.
Topics We Discuss:
- Most women know to use awakened awareness, will make an important decision out of a deep inner hunch, their instincts, a transcendent dream, some sort of inescapable synchronicity. They will count on that form of mystical awareness far and above the sort of linear, lists of pros and cons and statistics.
- The hard-nosed empirical scientific materialism validates our spirituality as our birthright. MRI studies, genotyping studies, long-term clinical course studies all say that this deep form of awareness, our awakened awareness, the neuro docking station of transcendent spiritual experience — A is real, B is our birthright, and C it is the foundation for greater health, greater recovery and renewal in times of suffering.
- How spirituality mitigates depression and addiction, suicidal deaths.
- Learning to trust that intuitive, inner-knowing as legitimate, right and true. Authenticity, synchronicity.
- Schumann Resonance – a high amplitude alpha wavelength within all of nature from the earth crust up one mile. The spiritually engaged brain vibrates at the wavelength of all creation of all nature of all life, the consciousness of the life, the loving felt substance of existence, the essence of existence, the family of life.
- “Spiritual bypassing” – the attempt to self-label as spiritual, without actually being spiritual. Dr. Lisa Miller assures we are all spiritual, and we can all count on our awakened brain.
Follow Dr. Lisa Miller:
You can learn more about “The Awakened Brain”, purchase your copy and find out more about Dr. Lisa Miller at her website.
Support Life, Death and the Space Between:
If you’re enjoying the podcast and finding value in guest interviews, ghost stories, and the content I share, please consider supporting the show by becoming a Patreon member for as little as $5 a month at Patreon.com/DrAmyRobbins
As a member you’ll get more say in the content we cover and exclusive access to behind-the-scenes goodness!