A whole episode on psychedelics and the research behind them – Dr. Alan K Davis is an Assistant Professor of Social Work at The Ohio State University and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Psychedelic Research Unit at Johns Hopkins University.
Psychedelic research focuses on clinical trials with psilocybin for people with depression and exploring psychological mechanisms by which psilocybin improves mental health and functioning.
With Dr. Alan Davis, we discussed…
- The new wave of scientific research on psilocybinÂ
- Background on this research starting in the 60s and 70s and then coming to a screeching halt.
- The difference between MDMA, Ketamine, Psilocybin, and 5-MeO-DMT
- How certain drugs affect specific areas of the brain and why some are better used to treat different psychiatric disorders
- The components of a mystical experience
This is part one of a two-part episode that will be concluded on Monday. In the meantime, dive into this introduction and leave a review on iTunes if you like this episode.
FOLLOW DR AMY ROBBINS