We’re diving into our second episode with Dr. Alan Davis, an Assistant Professor of Social Work at The Ohio State University and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Psychedelic Research Unit at Johns Hopkins University.
“The Science of Psychedelics” was Part 1 from last week, so if you need a bit of background knowledge on the science of psychedelics and the research involved, check ut that episode first.
This week in Part 2, “Journeying with Psilocybin” we are focused on the clinical practice and what the medical experience is like for psychedelic study participants.
- What the experience looks like for participants in the studies
- The co-creation of the mystical and insightful experience to create a therapeutic and healing experience
- If anyone has compared the experiences of people who have been treated in the study with people who have experienced their own spiritual or mystical experiences such as a Near Death Experience
- Prognosis for patient post-study
- How the world could be different if everyone could experience this vs. just those who have a psychiatric diagnosis
FOLLOW DR AMY ROBBINS