AWAKENING THE HEALER WITHIN with KELLY GORES
“You can learn to play the instrument of your own body and stimulate healing.” — Kelly Noonan Gores, director of the documentary “Heal”
Why do some of us get sick and others skate through life unscathed by illness? Are we victims of our circumstances — or do we have significant influence over our health? How do our thoughts, beliefs and emotions impact our ability to heal?
In this first episode of 2022, we talk with Kelly Noonan Gores, a well-known Los Angeles based child actress turned producer/director of the widely popular documentary Heal, seen formerly on Netflix and currently on Amazon Prime. Heavyweights in the mind body arena – foremost scientists and spiritual leaders – make up the cast: Deepak Chopra, Joe Dispenza, Marianne Williamson, Dr. Michael Beckwith and Dr. Bruce Lipton and so many fascinating others.
Kelly’s new book, “Heal: Discover your Unlimited Potential and Awaken the Healer Within” is out now.
Listen in to hear Kelly Noonan Gores’ enthusiasm for consciousness and possibility, and the miraculous intelligence of the human body.
Topics We Discuss:
- [5:10] Starting from a characteristic teenage cloud of aimlessness and angst, how a transformative experience at age 19, reading Marianne Williamson’s book “Return to Love” on a flight home from Australia, upshifted and redirected Kelly’s intentions toward a spiritual path.
- [8:35] The process of making the unconscious conscious, and the importance of replacing our early childhood imprinting programs with more serving belief systems.
- [13:37] The easy availability of free, powerful alternative modes of healing – for example, breathwork to stimulate the vagus nerve, Joe Dispenza’s online meditation courses, books, books, books. Libraries and the internet are loaded with free resources.
- [18:55] The importance of balancing alternative and Western medicine methods.
- [20:20] Acceptance as step one to healing, vs. resisting what is. Letting go of the fear of death, which is the ultimate resistance. And finding your joy.
- [23:50] Disease prevention practices. Find what feels good! Meditate. Turn your phone off. Give your body time to rest and reset and repair. Open to your internal guidance system. Approach exercise to feel good – move your body to release endorphins, eliminate toxins, release positive hormones and feel positive emotions (vs. fear weight gain or fear ill health). Be outdoors in nature. Give yourself grace. Do the best you can.
- [35:54] The importance of taking the leap to follow your heart, whether or not you know how to get there. Saying “yes” and moving forward.
- [38:40] Kelly answers Amy’s speed round questions.
- Spirituality means…?
- What is something most people don’t know about you?
- What is one thing you’re looking forward to?
- What are you grateful for right now?
- What book is on your nightstand?
- What is the most transformative experience of your life?
FOLLOW KELLY NOONAN GORES:
You can learn more about the “Heal” documentary and podcast here and follow Kelly Gores:
SUPPORT DR. AMY ROBBINS:
If you’re enjoying the podcast and finding value in guest interviews, ghost stories, and the content I share, please consider supporting the show by becoming a Patreon member for as little as $5 a month at Patreon.com/DrAmyRobbins
As a member you’ll get more say in the content we cover and exclusive access to behind-the-scenes goodness!
Stay connected with Dr. Amy Robbins: